Monday, April 4, 2011

Basil in the bathroom


Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day Basil Toilet Bowl Cleaner



Potty talk: I’m not a fan.


But what I am a fan of are cleaning products that make cleaning fun. Well…actually….fun is an exaggeration here; nothing about cleaning a bathroom is fun. It’s a chore. (Chore is a funny word, isn’t it?! Say it out loud a few times…chore….Chore….CHORE…..)


Wow, back to the point of all of this. . .


Increasingly, over the last decade or so, “natural” and “green” products have infiltrated the marketplace. Lots of “this is safer for you/your kids/your pets” being thrown at us, right? Well, I don’t know about you, but all of that marketing totally works on me! I’m easily convinced.


So I’ve gone out and bought a lot of these “safer, gentler” products. Some are great. But some are completely ineffective! Sometimes life calls for Clorox, darn it! When someone’s been sick, after a well-attended party at your place, or because you simply love the smell of a community pool: in these cases, by all means reach for bleach!


But for your everyday (or weekly, or bi-weekly, or monthly) toilet bowl cleaning, I say Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Toilet Bowl Cleaner – Basil scent – is the way to go!


The bottle has the narrow, angled spout, so crucial to under-rim cleaning! And I don’t have to scrub any harder or any different than I do with the “harsher,” more well-known products. For about $4.99, you get 32 fl oz of plant-based ingredients in a recyclable container. (You’re on your own for figuring out how many cleanings you’ll get for your dollar.) As for the scent, I vote for Basil because I like my bathroom to have that “Ah, it smells pleasant and fresh in here” kind of thing going on. It’s a little more universal than, say, strong florals. The subtle scent is casually drifting into my living room as I type this and it reinforces my enthusiasm for this stuff!


Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day products are widely available these days. (I vouch for the Basil-scented toilet bowl cleaner, but they’ve got tons of other stuff to choose from.) Here’s a link to the company’s website: http://www.mrsmeyers.com/. In the top left-hand corner of the home page, you can enter your zip code for a quick list of stores in your area that carry the line.


Ok, we’re done here. Toilet time over.


- E

8 comments:

  1. Seen this product...and others in this line, and always wanted to try, never knowing if it really works (waiting to see a review in Natural Health Mag. or Living, Real Simple...but here it is, done by you!) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Kaiton family! :) I say give it a try. I think you'll like it! And let me know what you think! - E

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Mrs. Meyers products. I'm especially fond of the Lemon Verbena scent. I'm glad local retailers are finally offering these products so I don't have to order online.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summer - I know you love good products, so this is like 4 thumbs up for Mrs. Meyer's line!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic! Will pick some up soon! And I particularly appreciate the photo demo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for appreciating the photo, Annie! I figured it would help make all of this a little more personal...you know, everyone getting a nice shot of my toilet! All for you, my readers! - E

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the review! And thanks to your suggestion, I just checked their website and their products are carried at my local grocery store...how convenient. I'll be getting some basil toilet cleaner on my next trip! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Sarah Fortney - you're so awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete