Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sorbetto.

Talenti's Roman Raspberry Sorbetto


Sorbetto.

Sorbetto. Period.

I wish I could stop there knowing that you would automatically understand and appreciate the admiration I have for Talenti’s Roman Raspberry Sorbetto. . . the way you “know” the taste of ice cold beer on a hot summer day, or chocolate chip cookies just out of the oven.

But I fear you may not know of this love of mine. So, I will do my best to make you crave it. . .

Before June 2010, I did not give ice cream much thought. Growing up we went to Dairy Queen once in a while or had sherbert on a rare summer day. (Remember sherbert? That sad little mix of lime green/pale orange/light pink?) Anyway, so a year ago I moved to a new city. One of the few things I knew about this new city in advance was a little ice cream shop that had a cute name and great ice cream. I went for ice cream within my first week in town. Turns out, I love [GOOD] ice cream.

So how did this one little shop convert me? Simple – and it goes along with the theme of this blog – this place makes REALLY GOOD ice cream. Really good/ well-done/ best-of . . .bingo!

The shop is not in my neighborhood, so I don’t go that often, but knowing that I was now into ice cream, I started spending time in the ice cream aisle. I’ve tried just about every brand available. There’s some tasty stuff out there, but none of it holds a candle to the frozen goodness found at my nearby ice cream shop. EXCEPT FOR Talenti’s Roman Raspberry Sorbetto!!!!! Thank goodness this stuff is widely available because you’re going to want to add this to your grocery list!



First of all, there may be something wrong with you if you’re not floored by the color of this stuff. Talenti makes many flavors and you may have a variety of gelato and sorbetto options to choose from. But the deep red raspberry color of the Roman Raspberry Sorbetto is a treat for your eyes!

And then wait till you get home and grab a spoon!

The flavor is deep. The creaminess and “raspberry-ness” live deep within every lick, bite, and swallow. It is rich. It is beautiful. (If you don’t want to take my word for it, check out Talenti’s ingredients and attributes on their website. “No details are ignored and no shortcuts are taken.”)

It may be because it’s so rich and flavorful that you will be satisfied with a sophisticated, small amount of it. Remember the scene in Pretty Woman when Julia Roberts is with Richard Gere and his clients at a fancy dinner and she is offered a small dish of mint sorbet to cleanse the palate? That’s the size I’m talking about. (And if you don’t follow my reference, we’re talking the size of a little clementine, if that.)

Natural. Kosher. Gluten-free. Pure this. Fresh that. Real. Good.

Before you head out for your grocery shop, do check out the Talenti website to make sure you hit a store that carries the line. (http://www.talentigelato.com/StoreFinder.aspx ) And while I don’t think you’d be disappointed with the brand’s other flavors, the Roman Raspberry Sorbetto is what you’re looking for!

And now for a little bonus: you can order Talenti products online! While putting this blog entry together, I learned of IceCreamSource.com: http://www.icecreamsource.com/ . Holy cow – you’ve got to check it out! In addition to Talenti, you can order Babcock Hall ice cream, (a little shout-out to University of Wisconsin readers!), among other fantastically named and possibly equally delicious brands.

On IceCreamSource.com, Talenti’s Roman Raspberry Sorbetto is $7.99 per pint. I scored it at my local grocery store for $3.99 per pint last week!

Hip hip hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment