Saturday, May 28, 2011

Giving Toothpicks a Run for the Money




Crest 'Glide To Go' Packets



Again, so late with my post this week. But here’s why I’m late with it: I was going to write about something else, and an hour or so before I was going to sit to type up that other review, I was at the pharmacy and found this floss. And this floss was on my initial list of “things to review/blog about” but I was not finding the product in the stores and feared that Crest no longer made it. And what’s the point of recommending something to you that you can’t actually get your hands on, right? Anyway……Crest IS still making this stuff, so - YAY – I get to tell you about it after all!

Now, to know me is to know that I’m a “bag lady.” I’ve always got a bag or two with me. You just never know what you’re going to need while you’re out and about, or what you’re going to need to pick up and cart home with you. So I’m always prepared. And some days I think I’d make a great contestant on Let’s Make a Deal because of how much I’ve got in one of my bags. Who’s got a French jazz CD? Who’s got a magenta Sharpie? Who’s got a chocolate chip granola bar? Me. Me. Me.

This is just to say that in addition to the household goods, pantry items, and websites I’ve been telling you about, you better believe I’ve got some goodies for you “to-go.”

I’ve carried Crest brand ‘Glide To Go’ floss packets since they were invited. Floss is great to have on-hand. And not that a little box of floss takes up that much room, but when “travel-size” [anything] came to market, you ditched the full-size products for the minis that you could pack to-go, right?! Same applies here.

So there’s that. And then there’s also the fact that the girl with the big bag full of random stuff is often asked, “Ooh, do you have some more gum?” Or, “Got a pen?” Or a passive comment like, “I wish I had some floss!” Back in the day when I carried the regular little box of floss, no one asked for “a few inches of floss.” But now they can totally ask for floss. And I’ll gladly hand over one of the little single-use packets I’ve got in my bag of tricks.

What’s that you say? You don’t carry a bag? Uh, do ya have a pocket? One little packet is no bigger than a one dollar bill that’s been folded, then folded, and folded again. If you can carry a buck, you can carry a little floss packet!

And for about four bucks ($4), you’ll get a box of 30 single-use packets.

So keep your eyes peeled in that floss section. You’ll thank me when you’re heading out of a restaurant with clients or a date, you need to clean your teeth, but there are no toothpicks in sight. You’ll reach into your pocket – OR BAG! – and voila!

Be cool; carry floss.

- E

p.s. The bag featured at top is a Laced Julia bag by FOLLIS. A really great line! Check them out here: http://follisny.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment